The Singapore Principals Forum offers New Zealand principals the chance to understand more about our neighbours in Singapore. During the forum, participants get to explore Singapore's education system, its business and government links with New Zealand, and the country's history, culture and lifestyle.
The forum is held in the middle of each year, and applications typically open in March/April.
Purpose of the forum
To deepen New Zealand principals' awareness, understanding and knowledge of Singapore and Asia so that they can realise the region’s impact on New Zealand and better equip students with the knowledge and skills they need to become successful 21st century global citizens.
The Asia New Zealand Foundation covers all in-country costs including hotel accommodation, travel and food related to the programme.
Participants will be responsible for their own airfares, travel insurance and personal spending money.
Your application should outline why you are interested in attending the forum, and what you hope to achieve for your school and wider community by taking part.
It should include:
- a picture of where your school is at in terms of including Asia Aware activities in the school curriculum and extra-curricular activities
- details of any professional development/tertiary study you or school staff have undertaken in studies of Asia
- details on how you will pass on information gained from the study tour to your school and professional networks. This should identify a range of possible stragies you can use, and include your thoughts on how you will effect curriculum change and provide leadership in studies of Asia.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and a current principal in a New Zealand school.
How to apply
Applications for 2013 have now closed. Applications for 2014 will be advertised in March/April next year.
For more information, contact Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- increase their knowledge and understanding of New Zealand’s relations with Singapore/ASEAN countries
- raise their awareness of the importance of Asia to New Zealand
- learn about Singapore’s history and culture
- use the experience to develop strategies for including Asia in their school curriculum and to promote Asia Awareness in their schools and communities
- realise the urgency to become Asia Aware to capitalise on opportunities
- support the development and implementation of Asia Awareness throughout New Zealand schools
- expand their education networks nationally and internationally.
The programme will include educational, business and cultural aspects.